Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Simply yummy gluten-free meatballs

I currently have a freezer full of some wonderful locally sourced ground meats; of the beef, lamb, pork, and turkey varieties.  Whenever I can't think of something new and exciting to make for dinner I thaw a pack of ground meat and whip up a batch of meatballs.  The seasoning will vary depending on what type of meat I'm using.  This is the version I made most recently.

Gluten-free meatballs: pork edition

1 lb ground pork
1.5 Tbsp chili powder 
1/2 Tbsp cumin
1 clove garlic minced
1Tbsp dried oregano
a pinch of salt

Combine all of the ingredients well.  Form into 16 meatballs. Cook in a covered skillet over medium heat until browned on one side.  Using tongs turn each meatball and cook uncovered until browned on the other side. Serve with dipping sauce below .

Quick dipping sauce

2 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp sour cream
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro

Combine in a small bowl and enjoy.

P.S These meatballs paired nicely with the comfy cauliflower.  I took the leftovers to work with me the next day to have for lunch.  Both the meatballs and cauliflower reheated very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment