Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Radish?

The other day I did something I have never done before.  I bought a bunch of radishes.  You see I've never liked radishes; as a child I would avoid them at all costs. I remember thinking they were one of the worst tasting things ever (mind of a child you know). But I was at the market and the radishes stood out. Their vibrant red color called to me.  I put them in my basket, deciding that since I was no longer a child I should give them a try.

I used them to make a simple little salad, which turned out well.  My husband loved it and I found it to be light and refreshing.  I believe I'll be using radishes more often in the future.




Simple Radish Salad 
Makes 1 or 2 servings

4 radishes thinly sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of ½ a lime
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic, coarsely chopped
a sprinkle of salt

In a small bowl combine oil, lime juice, cilantro and garlic.  Toss with sliced radish and sprinkle with a little salt.

This post is a part of Real Food Wednesday February 23, 2011

5 comments:

  1. I love radishes, and this looks delicious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks great! i'm bookmarking it to make this spring when we start getting radishes from our CSA. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait until its warm enough to start radishes. I also have a radish salad that I made on a wim one day and it was sooo good. I thought I didn't like radishes but boy do I now.

    Hopped over from Real Food Wednesdays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since you're also a butter lover, try the typical French nibble -- a slice of radish, a dollop of butter, a little sea salt. Eat, enjoy, repeat. Allison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I had no idea radishes were so beloved!

    Allison thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete